Bayern Muchen vs PSG
It was the 3-0 defeat to PSG that signalled the end of Carlo Ancelotti’s time in charge at Bayern, but normal service has been resumed since Jupp Heynckes returned as coach. The Bavarians won their opening nine games with the veteran at the helm and responded to defeat at Borussia Mönchengladbach on Matchday 13 with a 3-1 win over Hannover on Saturday. Injuries to Manuel Neuer, Arjen Robben and Thiago Alcantara mean the Bundesliga champions are depleted, but the return of Thomas Müller against Hannover was a major boost, as has been the recent form of Kingsley Coman, who scored one and made another. Expect him to start against his former club.
Paris come into the game having suffered their first defeat of the season, losing 2-1 at Strasbourg, although Unai Emery’s side remain nine points clear at the top of Ligue 1. Only Thiago Motta is missing for the visitors, for whom Edinson Cavani, Kylian Mbappe and Neymar will likely lead the line, with former Schalke favourite Julian Draxler a candidate to start in midfield.
Bayern: Ulreich – Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba – Martinez, Vidal – Coman, James, Müller (c) – Lewandowski
Absentees: Neuer (foot), Bernat (muscular), Thiago (thigh), Robben (thigh)
Coach: Jupp Heynckes
PSG: Areola – Alves, Marquinhos, Silva (c), Kurzawa – Verratti, Rabiot, Draxler – Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani
Absentees: Motta (knee)
Coach: Unai Emery
- Bayern must beat PSG by a four-goal margin to win Group B.
- The Bavarians have won their last two home games against Paris with an aggregate score of 7-1.
- Robert Lewandowski has scored 19 goals in all competitions for Bayern this season, including two in the Champions League.
- Bayern have been crowned European champions five times, most recently in the 2012/13 season.
- Bayern are undefeated at the Allianz Arena since Heynckes returned as coach.
- Neymar has scored 15 goals in 17 games in all competitions since he joined PSG from Barcelona.
Heynckes: ‘A showdown of the highest quality’
Post Tags:Champions League
Comments are closed.